One of the main aims of this project is to build multifunctional school gardens with using raised beds and composting. The topics for the project activities are the environmental awareness, agricultural skills, healthy nutrition and food sovereignty and increasing of national awareness, multiculturalism and natural respect of cultures of different countries as well. Sustainable outputs of the project will be school gardens with open air classrooms, digital textbooks, electronic magazines and video-documents.
About the project
The project is focused on the connection between natural science and digital technology, between traditional and modern world. One of the main aims of this project is to create and build multifunctional school gardens through its composition by using the system of raised gardens and composting. These space will be a place of connection between science education, environmental aspects, mathematical and digital competences with the emphasis on prosocial behaviour of pupils. The topics of the project activities are the environmental awareness, agricultural skills, healthy nutrition and food sovereignty and increasing of national awareness, multiculturalism and natural respect of cultures of different countries as well. Sustainable output of the project will be school gardens with open air classrooms, digital textbooks, electronic magazines and video-documents containing the comparison of growing crops in different climate conditions. Official language of the project will be English.
Goals of project
- implementation innovative teaching methods (CLIL, inquiry based science education, problem based education, project based education...)
- development of closer connection with the nature through open air classrooms in school gardens
- increasing of practical skills, digital skills and social competences
- increasing of national awareness through growing national crops and gaining knowledge about national cuisine
- support of European integrity and implementation of multiculturalism into school environment through exchange knowledge and experiences
- supplementation of missing educational material by making digital textbooks and e-magazines
- building multifunctional school gardens and open air classrooms
Our journey to reach the goals of project
There will be some “ice-breaking” activities focus on introducing the project teams and partner schools at the beginning.The common task for the first four months of the project is to build school gardens with four raised seed beds and open air classrooms.
The first year: teams will grow four national crops in raised seed beds, monitor their growing cycle and gather information and develop the knowledge about these crops.Each activity will be monitored by ICT tools recording our project outputs.At the end of the year we will use these crops to prepare food in the school canteen.
The second year teams will grow three international and one national crop. Each country will grow the same crop from Spain, Italy, Germany and Slovakia and monitor and gather data about their cycle under different climate conditions.There will be five short-term exchanges of groups of pupils (working in international teams) and the output of each exchange will be e-magazines about the crops of hosting country.
Our expected results will be posted on our eTwinning page and social networks. In brief the final product will be:
- school gardens with raised seed beds and open air classrooms
- digital textbook for each country (every school is responsible for its digital textbook about national crops)
- video documents which will compare crops and their growing cycle in different climate conditions
- development of social competences
- increasing language and digital skills
- development of national awareness and respect of different cultures